David S. Woods CV
AI Services, Inc.
PO Box 420
Lindenhurst, New York 11757
President – Associated Investigative Services Inc.
1983 – Present
Director of Operations – A-Z Investigative Services, Inc.
1980 – 1983
Responsible for policing over 200 trademarks for infringements and counterfeits
throughout the North American marketplace.
Responsible for the implementation and deployment of a field team of sixteen
personally trained investigators who proceed weekly to police the Southern
District of New York with an ex parte John Doe Seizure Order. This Order included
watches, pens and accessories and was in force from 1986 through 1997. The
has been over ten thousand successful civil seizures worth millions of dollars.
Oversee and personally partake in thousands of trademark and tradename use
investigations yearly on behalf of almost one hundred clients with products
ranging from chemicals
Oversee and personally partake in the cyber investigations of spammers, hackers
and programmers on behalf of major Fortune 500 companies.
Personally handle negotiations to acquire trademarks, as well as to arrange
for licensing and consent agreements.
Personally negotiate blind acquisition of domain names.
New domain name registrations.
- New York Daily News
- New York Post
- The Wall Street Journal
- Daily News Record
- Women’s Wear Daily
- Philadelphia Tribune
- Newark Star Ledger
- The Atlanta Journal
- The Stars and Stripes
- Los Angeles Times
- The Dallas Morning News
- Miami Herald
- Palm Beach Post
- Sun Sentinel
- Brooklyn Heights Press
- Queens Gazette
- The Daily Oklahoman
- The Times Diary (UK)
- Kit Car Illustrated
- Managing Intellectual Property
- P. I. Magazine
- IACC Bulletin
- Baruch College Dollars & $ense
- Trademark Counterfeiting; Product Piracy and the Billion Dollar
Threat to U. S. Economy (Quorum Books)
- Skin Tight: The Bizarre Story of Guess vs. Jordache (Simon & Schuster)
- Guest Speaker: International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition
- Guest Speaker: International Trademark Association (USTA and INTA)
- Expert Testimony: Pennsylvania Crime Commission Public Hearings
- Guest Speaker: Department of the Treasury/U. S. Customs Service
- Guest Lectures: New York University School of Continuing Education – Practicing
- Paralegal Program Course: Trademark and Copyright Management
- Guest Speaker: Intellectual Property Management-Insight Incorporated Forum
- Guest Speaker: The NY Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ethics in Trademark Investigations
- Guest Speaker: The New Jersey Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Television Appearances (News):
- WOR (UPN)
- News 12 Long Island
- WLNY (TV-55)
- WNYW (Fox)
Radio Talk Shows:
Participation in over thirty live call in radio talk shows throughout the United States
- PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Certified Scuba Divemaster.
Assisted in instruction, certification and recertification of over 100 Open
Water, Advanced Open Water and Divemaster students.
- ASE Certified (Automotive Service Excellence) Automotive Technician.
- Past President, Secretary and Treasurer of a local Lions Club International
Chapter with 100 percent attendance for ten straight years.
- Volunteer transporter of human transplant organs for North Shore University
Hospital Eye Bank.
*Note: These publications contain either a direct reference to David Woods,
his company or agents and/or refer to a matter handled by same.
Click here to download a PDF copy of David Woods CV